BRAD     |     EMILLIE

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Spring is in the air

It is gorgeous out!  The warm sun on the balcony is calling to us.  Enticing us to start our second big project... we want to build massive planters for both our front and back balconies.

However, first I want to show some before/after pictures of our first big moving in project (we also painted, and put shelving into the laundry area... but it's just a laundry room... and not that photogenic!)

I'm particularly proud of this effort because we have never tackled a DYI project quite of this scope before.  (Well... except the time we laid hardwood flooring... but I was 9 months pregnant with Nikolai at that point so I wasn't really involved).

Anyways, here's the before pictures of our tiny half-bath:

It was pretty blah... and in need of TLC.

Here are the after pictures.  We used a wallpaper beadboard to divide up the space and make it feel larger.  The floating shelves were cheap and easy.  The last picture shows how we built them out of painted plywood and trim.




It's really hard to take photos of a closet bathroom... but let me assure you, it is a much nicer room for reading in. :-)

And here are some Easter photos from the Co-op Easter egg hunt and egg dyeing party. I only included photos without other people in them... so I only had limited options.



However, here's a close up of Nikolai's toothless grin and Uliana's "black eye".  (It turns out that like Nikolai and I, she doesn't bruise.  She did swell though... and had a half closed eye for a few days.)

And perhaps the most exciting news of all... though the Easter Bunny filled eggs with socks, stickers and seeds for their gardens... Nikolai did eat A LOT of candy from the co-op egg hunt and only had a minor amount of eczema show up!  I was busy telling everyone that he must have grown out of his allergies... when a friend pointed out that maybe my year of fermented foods had really improved his digestive system!

On that note, I'm still blogging at Fermenting for Foodies... but I've yet to cover the costs of running it.  The passive ads really don't work, and likely Amazon will pull my affiliate status soon if I don't start getting some clicks.  I'm up for any ideas that anyone might have as to how I can improve the situation?!

With more than 100 recipes and 3000 readers last month it seems a shame to give up on the blog.  But at the same time... I'm not sure how long I can devote myself to this kind of project... as I'm already starting to look for a proper desk job.

Ah the adventures of parenting in the Modern Era!


No comments:

Post a Comment