BRAD     |     EMILLIE

Thursday, February 14, 2013

All you need is LOVE

Uliana is in a growth spurt.  Which means:
1. She eats every 1-2 hours.
2. When she is not eating she is either unhappy or sleeping.
3. By using the threat of constant crying, Uliana has managed to become an extra appendage that I seem to be always carrying around.

So, I am very tired to say the least.  But on the upside I get to consume way more than my normal portions of food!  On average breastfeeding requires an extra 300-500 calories a day.  Considering that I normally get to consume about 2100 calories, it is quite a boon to my food consumption.

Regardless, I'm an experienced parent so I know that growth spurts only last 2-3 days which means that tonight or tomorrow night I will be blessed with a recovery sleep.  In the meantime I get to partake in all the "new parent" behaviours without any guilt for my lack of sociability.  (Top on my list was the fact that my hairbrush went missing for 2 days, I forgot a friend's name several times during a playdate, and I chose to ignore the sunny afternoon weather today since it was too much effort to organize leaving the house.)

Also, here is the cookie recipe that I planned on making yesterday, then again today, and now I hope that I will get to it by tomorrow.  So the pictures will follow upon actually making the cookie (and it's a recipe I'm hacking together to fit our diet, so I wouldn't recommend trying it until I've posted a picture!) 

Sweetheart cookies:
Cream together 1/2 lbs. softened butter and 1 cup granulated sweetener.   Add  2 1/2 cups of flour, 1 Tbsp milk and 1 tsp vanilla. 

Roll to 1 cm thickness. Cut out shapes, and bake for 12 min at 350 C (180F).

This weekend was busy with the Chinese New Year Parade in Victoria.
Then Family Day celebrations where everything required a line up despite the weather.  We only waited 20 minutes to have Nikolai's face painted.
And to finish off... a cuddly sleep.

1 comment:

Dina said...

Wow, love love the lion face Nikolai. And waiting 20 min. You are a star! I have to admit my chocolate heart cupcakes were a mix. You are amazing as sleep deprived as you are still cooking from scratch. The cuddle sleep is priceless... you should have been in there!

Post a Comment