BRAD     |     EMILLIE

Friday, January 21, 2011

To finish off the loose ends


We leave for London this afternoon (to keep Claire company in her lonely hotel room! I could not imagine living out of a hotel for a month!!! The lack of stuff to do would drive me mad. Besides it's off season... so Ryan Air flights are just €12 return.) so I'll probably have new and European things to blog about. However, first I wanted to do my first ever reader-based-response blog.

Dear Emillie,

My husband insists on spending every Sunday cycling with his friends; even though it would be nice to sleep in once in a while, or perhaps enjoy a Sunday brunch. (Just kidding)

However, in response to your questions:

1. Coming back to Ireland felt like coming home. Despite the chaos with the heaters, and the sleeplessness, we were back in our routine by Tuesday. The last few days of our trip Nikolai was pretty tired of being away, and he certainly had his share of teary-eyed homesick moments. For now I am not considering our eventual return... as I feel a heap of guilt about uprooting him.

2. Here's the pate recipe, so simple but absolutely, insanely fabulous tasting:

Heat a large frying pan over high heat.
Add two tbsp of olive oil and one chopped onion, then saute until soft.
Then add 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms and saute till done (around 8 minutes).
Add 1 tsp of sea salt, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
Puree until you reach your desired consistency.

The pate is featured in the tin (in the photo above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment