BRAD     |     EMILLIE

Monday, April 12, 2004

Mellow weekend this long weekend. Finally made my visit to see the Kiwi bird. Went to Willowbank on Sunday and saw 4 giant brown kiwi. Awesome! Quite an odd bird, and I can see why they are such an icon. Never seen anything like it. It was very surreal, being in the nocturnal house with 4 kiwi running around, each about the size of a basketball with a 6 inch beak diving headfirst into the ground searching for worms. They have such the oddest movement I've ever seen! Also saw the Tuatara, an indiginous lizard that is touted as the last remaining dinosaur. About a foot long, and not too active, but supposedly can live up to 300 years! Crazyness...
2 weekends left! Getting close to the end over here. On my last weekend I'll most probably be the busiest, hopefully seeing a Bulls vs. Crusaders game at Jade Stadium (rugby) and going over to Westland for a bit of fly-fishing. Can't wait! Been a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment