BRAD     |     EMILLIE

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

This weekend kinda bit. It rained the whole time and all of my plans fell through. So Sunday, to avoid getting cabin fever, I decided to go to a Transport and Science museum. Interesting idea, but very mom and pop... a Russian in the guestbook summed it up perfectly: "seems like you just put your junk on display. Nice and old junk, but still junk. Good collection!". Granted, they had a very good collection of old cars and wagons. Everything else is a shambles. Could barely fit into some of the rooms, it felt like! And the lighting was VERY poor, hence I only had a few pictures that turned out on our mini-digi-cam.


None of my buggy/carriage pictures turned out (they were really old! and in good condition), and most of the car ones didn't either. Although thankfully, the one I really wanted to turn out did! I was impressed by this... an electric car from 1980. In production! From New Zealand!? Never caught on, and I gather they went under from trying...





here is the plaque for it...





When I exited the carriage 'barn', I ended up attracting a few followers...








Highlight of my trip! Finally, for good measure, here was another cool item. A one-handed, pedal wheelchair! Steer with the left hand, pedal with the right. (the picture almost turned out... see if you can find the hand crank! It's on the right hand side, almost at head level)





No comments:

Post a Comment